Based in Essex, Parents 1st provide effective evidence-based support that changes the lives of mothers, fathers and babies. Our platform is helping to increase their reach and impact at a national scale.
With over 25 years of award winning expertise and over 3,000 resources, Parents 1st are a social enterprise with an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality peer support during pregnancy, birth and the early months.
Despite their credentials, their programmes are often under-valued by commissioners, funders and statutory providers – limiting opportunities to replicate their model elsewhere and sustain funding streams.
To achieve their mission whereby more parents and babies are benefitting from peer support across the country, and internationally, we were invited to facilitate a number of workshops with the Parents 1st Board.
- The first 'theory of change' workshop (Feb 18) explored the viability of an open source model. The output of this workshop contributed to Parents 1st being awarded a sizable grant to develop a unique open access platform.
- The second workshop (Oct 18) defined the sustainability of an open source strategy and platform. This led to the creation of a detailed online strategy and brief for an 'open access' platform.
In January 2019 following a competitive tender, we were invited to develop their new platform - a knowledge hub for research and development, sharing knowledge and shaping new ideas with the user community.
- ✔ Search over 3,000 open access resources.
- ✔ Browse content posted on the open access platform.
- ✔ Download and upload attachments.
- ✔ Find, connect and collaborate with other parents and programme leaders.
- ✔ Set up and promote themselves and connect with others.
- ✔ Find information on paid-for services, events, certification courses and programmes.
- ✔ Follow a well-defined process that builds on a quality assured standard.
- ✔ Gain quality assured status (badge) by Parents 1st.
- ✔ Donate to Parents 1st at any point.
The new platform will change forever the way Parents 1st do things – their processes and resources will empower others to implement what they currently implement themselves.
Our platform and strategy has helped Parents 1st to create a replicable model that is easy for other organisations and practitioners to adopt and deliver – for free.
For queries relating to our community platform, please email email@example.com.