We are supporting sustainable cities and communities by:
- Enabling communities to build their own project teams and impact change on their own communities.
- Empowering people to be resilient in the way they tackle their problems through connecting people via timebanks and networks.
- Reducing loneliness and isolation for many across different communities by linking up people with community activities and support.
- Creating a long term, low cost technology solution for many people who struggle to access services.
- Including people without access to devices, email or internet via our 'sub-user accounts' to ensure no-one gets left behind.
We are protecting the planet by:
- Pledging to reduce our business trip miles made by plane and car by opting for train or car share alternatives.
- Promoting efficient working practices such as online meeting calls with all our clients.
- Offering all our staff flexible working hours, to help with childcare and their life/work balances as well as reduce their individual carbon footprints by removing their need to commute.
- Enabling our clients and communities to campaign for climate change through our platform’s campaign feature.
- Volunteering staff time during quarterly team days to local beach clean efforts or other volunteering activities.
- Enforcing several ‘greener switches’ in our offices, including additional recycling facilities, cleaning products and composting.
- Targets to reduce waste.
We are supporting responsible consumption by:
- Opting for local, south-west based suppliers wherever possible.
- Promoting best-practice processes of organising business trips away by conducting research into the ethics, supply chain and/or environmental practices of the suppliers chosen along the way.
- Promoting the switch to ‘greener’ energy, such as renewables when considering which supplier to buy into.
- Pledging to investigate green hosting.
- Sharing information about responsible consumption for all.
We are addressing poverty by:
- Giving to foodbanks.
- Sharing ideas with our local community about how to address poverty in Cornwall.
- Pledging to donate a community platform free of charge to a charity that addresses poverty.
- Supporting charitable campaigns on our platform with our time and resources.
- Enabling people living below the poverty line to access help through our timebanks and community exchange platforms.
We are supporting affordable and clean energy by:
- Promoting the use of renewable energy through our environmental policy.
- Sharing ideas about how to reduce the cost of switching to ‘greener’ energy suppliers.
- Choosing to work in a local office with solar energy and an underground well.
- Opting for suppliers who choose clean energy.
- Sharing information about progress towards clean and affordable energy for all.
We are supporting clean water and sanitation by:
- Charitable giving and membership to organisations such as Surfers against Sewage.
- Staff-led beach cleans in our local area.
- Choosing to work in an office fed by an underground well.
- Sharing ideas with our local community about how to address clean water and sanitation.
- Supporting environmental campaigns on our platform with our time and resources.
- Sharing information about progress towards clean water and sanitation for all.
Read more about the UN's goals here.